Included in this Kit
- Soie/Elite Kit: Four (4) skeins Phydeaux Designs Soie or Savvy Skein Elite Sock-- 1 skein of each of 4 colors; 50% superwash merino / 50% silk; 435 yards /100g
- Dreamliner Kit: Four (4) skeins Traveling Yarn Dreamliner--1 skein of each of 4 colors; 70% Bluefaced Leicester / 20% Cashmere/10% Silk; 437 yards/100g
- One (1) printed pattern
- Reusable, zippered hemp and PEVA project bag
Pattern Tips & Tricks
This pattern is worked with a double strand of fingering weight yarn in different color combinations. For ease in drawing the yarn smoothly from the ball, and changing color combinations, we recommend the following:
- Divide each skein roughly in half and pull the balls from the outside.
- If using the Dreamliner (or another fingering weight yarn that is at least 80% wool or other animal fiber), the new color can be fused or "felted" together with the old color using the "spit splice" method.
- If using the Soie or Elite Sock, you will not be able to spit splice. We suggest that you change colors within the row at staggered intervals to avoid bulk at one end of the wrap. Weave in ends every few inches so that you are not faced with that task at the end!